cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unvault" Exchange Data

Luke_Kannel
Level 2
It's been a long time since I've touched Vault, so please bear with the simplicity of my question and/or lack of information provided. I need to bring all vaulted Exchange information from EV 6.0SP3 back into an Exchange 2003 environment. Does anyone have any recommendations/documentation for "unvaulting" Exchange data? Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Luke

That's pretty simple.
In the Admin Console, Right click on "Archives", there you have an option called "Export" where you can Export everything to the User Mailbox if you want to.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Luke_Kannel
Level 2
I thought it would/should be easy. Thank you!

Steve_Burk
Level 3
That being the easy part, do you know of a way to delete the shortcuts as it restores the archives to Exchange?

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
Version 7 and forward will overwrite the shortcut once the contents of the archive have been exported.

Steve_Burk
Level 3
I am using v7 with SP1, but it is not deleting the shortcuts.  I cannot find any setting to make sure it does that

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Steve

Which shortcuts do not get deleted?
Have you now got 2 times the same item, once as regular mail, once as a shortcut and in the same folder?
Or was the shortcut moved to a new folder since it was archived, and you now have a shortcut in one folder, and the regular (exported) e-mail in another?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.