Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors while proccessing File Archiving

ggeorgi
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi,

I have installed EV 2007 SP1 and SQL 2005. While proccessing the file archiving tasks, I get the following error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: None
Event ID: 40966
Date:  16/11/2007
Time:  12:21:55 μμ
User:  N/A
Computer: KVS-REP
Description:
A program fault has raised an exception.
Exception: Could not create constraint. See previous errors.
Diagnostic: HRESULT: 80040e14
Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
Reference: FSAReportingWebService - BulkLoad operation failed
Command Line: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe -a \\.\pipe\iisipmbdf80e24-d7f4-46a6-86d9-b4ab0b6149fe -t 20 -ap "EnterpriseVaultFSAReporting"
Application Domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/FSAReporting-1-128396817243570476
Process Id: 6820
Thread Id: 6900
Stack Trace:    at SQLXMLBULKLOADLib.SQLXMLBulkLoadClass.Execute(String bstrSchemaFile, Object vDataFile)
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.FSAReportingServerWebService.ThreadContainer.LoadData()
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp
The result is that file archiving seems to work but the files are not replaced with placeholder shortcuts depite the fact that I am taking backup the SQL server every day and the original files should be replaced with shortcuts after the backup. I could not find any reference anywhere for this event.
Can anybody give me an idea what's going wrong?

GeorgeG
11 REPLIES 11

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
George

So the Items are archived and you can search them through Web Search?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

ggeorgi
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Yes. I am not 100% sure that the error message in the event viewer is connected with the results of the file archiving but these errors appears during the file archiving task proccessing. I used Archive Explorer and I can view the files. Also in the Admistrative Console of EV, I see the Archive which is created. Running the " FSA: File Space Usage by File Group (All File Servers in Domain)", I get no results, meaning that the safety copies has not been removed and replaced with the placeholder shortcuts.

Thank you
GeorgeG

MichelZ
Level 6
George

So, have you backed up your Vault Store?
It's not sufficient to Backup the SQL Server only.

The safety copy is only removed when the Vault Store (where the Save Set files are located) is Backed Up (or the Archive Bit is reset)

Hope this helps

Cheers
Michel

ggeorgi
Level 5
Partner Accredited
First of all, I have to thank you for your interest. Secondary, I backed up the EV Store but nothing changed. Is there anything else I have to check or do to make the replacement happen?

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
I would venture to say that your FSA Reporting feature isn't accurate and is what is generating these errors.  If you can search within "Archive Explorer" and the items are displaying placeholders, then your FSA archiving is functioning correctly.  Again, just a hunch, but the problem has to be with your reporting feature.

MichelZ
Level 6
Maynard

I can see why you reference Reporting from within the Eventlog Entry.
But what does Reporting have to do with an Item which doesn't get replaced by a Shortcut?
Could you explain this further?

Cheers
Michel

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
Sorry, quick glance over, now I see where it's stated placeholder's aren't created.  My apologies.

ggeorgi
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi to all again,

Nothing still happens but...... I found out that these errors occurs when I am running a manual File Archiving or if I leave the system without doing anything every day at 12.20am.... The strange thing is that the synchronization runs every 12 hours and if that make these errors then the errors should occur every 12 hours and not every 24!!! I am starting to believe that EV brought ghosts in the system Smiley Very Happy!!!!

Well, now for the shortcuts, during the weekend nothing happened except the fact that 4 files, out of a total of 44 files , were converted to something else!! i mean that the icons remain the same but with a small clock at the bottom right corner... I assume that this mean that the files are in a wait mode to be converted to shortcuts? .... But I backup  both the SQL and the EV stores every day, which means that those files should alreday be converted to placeholder shortcuts.... Am I wrong?

I will wait and this night for the backups to take place and then I will try to change the shortcut setting to Internet Link Shortcut , to see what will happen.

Thank you all for your interest for my problem.

P.S. After find what is going on, I will open a case to Veritas so an engineer will see the errors and tell me what they are meaning.

GeorgeG

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
Again, backing up SQL has no bearing on the creation of placeholders.  This mechanism relies on a backup of your storage partition.

ggeorgi
Level 5
Partner Accredited
 I understood this..... I mentioned it only for info reasons.

MichelZ
Level 6
George

Opening a case with KVS/Veritas/Symantec ;) would be the best option, I think.
We would appreciate it if you could post the solution, once you get it.

Cheers
Michel