cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"White Space" after EV archive deletion

Lennnnny
Level 3

Enterprise Vault Server 8.5...

We're deleting all old Exchange email accounts which would allow us to delete about 2TB of EV data, My question is would this space be seen as immediately available or would it be seen as "white space" and need a process run to reclaim the space in question...

thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I'm not sure what you're referring to with Enterprise Vault 8.5....

If you delete the mailboxes themselves this won't affect Enterprise Vault. What you'll need to do is delete the actual archives themselves.

You will see an immediate space gain on the Vault Store partitions, but might not be as big as you might expect because Enterprise Vault employs single instancing meaning that other archives may share the content (things like attachments and so on on)

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I'm not sure what you're referring to with Enterprise Vault 8.5....

If you delete the mailboxes themselves this won't affect Enterprise Vault. What you'll need to do is delete the actual archives themselves.

You will see an immediate space gain on the Vault Store partitions, but might not be as big as you might expect because Enterprise Vault employs single instancing meaning that other archives may share the content (things like attachments and so on on)

Working for cloudficient.com

Lennnnny
Level 3

Sorry I wasn't clear, yes I'm speaking about deleting the EV archive associated with the deleted mailbox...

Good point about SIS

Thank you,

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Also if you use Collections (CAB Files) then you won't see immediate space reclaimation

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146