Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore a file to another server or folder

Lois2010
Level 4

Hi

I am running EV 10.0.0 and back ups are performed by BackUp Exec 2010r3

Is it possible to restore archived files e.g. .PDF to another folder or Server location as opposed to the original

Thanks

Lois

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

what you're asking to do is very possible. can you provide more details about your environment and situation if you need help with the process?

Lois2010
Level 4

Hello

File Server is called FS01north

The files were archived from FS01north but I have an issue with FS01north and need to restore a few  archived PDF files to an alternative destination e.g. another drive on FS01north or to my other file server known as FS01south.

Is it possible to do this either directly using EV or my Back Up Exec Server with by FULL EV back ups

File Servers are running on Windows 2008 Datacenter

Thanks

Lois

AndrewB

you can restore EV data from backups but you cant restore individual PDFs from EV backups (you'd restore all the databases, vault store partitions, indexes, rebuild EV, etc.)

what's the issue tthough? you can't double click to open a shortcut? if you had to restore entire data structures i would suggest FSAutil but i'm trying to keep it simple for you since it sounds like you only need a few individual files

since you're still on EV 10 i'd recommend using Archive Explorer or Browser Search to retrieve the invidual files and then save them wherever you want

Lois2010
Level 4

hi 

i got what i needed from Archive Explorer  so thanks for your help

Lois

AndrewB

your very welcome, lois! please remember to mark the post which provided a solution to your question.