Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows storage server 2008 R2 essential

favumb
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

I have a windows storage server 2008 R2 Essential File Server.

Can I implement a EV FSA environment? Is it supported? Looking at the EV Compatibility Charts dated March 2011 I didn't see 

Does anyone know if/when Symantec will begin to support this OS level?

Thanks in advance.

Umberto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes it is... it should be updated in the FSA section in the next release of the Guide.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Hmmm which version is that exactly, as I don't see it on the version list from Microsoft :

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/r2-editions-overview.aspx

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I just re-read the original post, and it talks about *Storage* Server, and FSA Target.  I'm not sure which editions we test about, and I couldn't find a list of them at all on Microsoft's web site...  Either way I've asked our product management and certification teams to share their thoughts.

favumb
Level 3
Partner

Thanks for your support...

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

favumb, do you have a link with a list of the different Storage Server options?  (Saves me trying to find it, because I couldn't earlier!)

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

http://blogs.technet.com/b/storageserver/archive/2010/11/08/announcing-windows-storage-server-2008-r2-essentials.aspx

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

There will hopefully be some updates to the Guide in the near future.

In the meantime EV 9 and higher is supported, as an FSA target, against this version of Storage Server... the testing was performed with SS 2008 R2 x64 Enterprise Edition, rather than the Essentials Edition however.  It is not thought at this time that the actual "Edition" will have any ill effects to us.

favumb
Level 3
Partner

Thanks Rob,

We are considering to implement EV FSA also on the larger sites that have Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 x64 Standard and Enterprise Edition. Are so supported by Symantec?

Thanks

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes it is... it should be updated in the FSA section in the next release of the Guide.

favumb
Level 3
Partner

thank you very much