cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerator not activated on 5220 appliances

Beavisrulz
Level 4

Hello, I am having an issue using Accelerator on all of our backup policies in our NetBackup environment. We are running 7.5.0.4 on Windows Server 2008 with 1 master server, 1 media server, and 3 NetBackup 5220 disk appliances. I receive a few different error messages when trying to activate the Accelerator option in the policies. (See a separate forum thread here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/errors-activating-accelerator-backup-policies)

I have a license code activated on my master server that has the Accelerator option listed as a feature. But when I look at the options that are activated on my 5220's, Accelerator is not listed. I try to add the license keys for the "Data Protection Optimization AddOn" that I used on my master server, but the appliances won't take them. I get the following error message:

Invalid license key

NetBackup not enabled

V-1-10 An error occurred while localizing a string.

Any clues on what's going on and/or what I can do to activate Accelerator on my appliances?

Thank you!

Larry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The appliances are a bit odd for taking license keys!

You can try it two other ways (I am assuming you have tried to add it viw the web gui)

1. Go into the CLISH .. Manage - License ... List to show your keys - Add to add your key .. Remove to remove any (make sure the original NFR key it shipped with has been removed)

2. From you Admin Console change from connecting to the Master to connecting to your media sever (the appliance - the appliance with need your admin console PC adding to its sever list to allow this) and then add the key via the license keys section once connected in that way.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

The appliances are a bit odd for taking license keys!

You can try it two other ways (I am assuming you have tried to add it viw the web gui)

1. Go into the CLISH .. Manage - License ... List to show your keys - Add to add your key .. Remove to remove any (make sure the original NFR key it shipped with has been removed)

2. From you Admin Console change from connecting to the Master to connecting to your media sever (the appliance - the appliance with need your admin console PC adding to its sever list to allow this) and then add the key via the license keys section once connected in that way.

Hope this helps

Beavisrulz
Level 4

OK, sorry, I was on vacation and have been swamped at work. Go figure.

The 2nd option you gave me worked! I can run "Listinfo" and the Accelerator option is listed under one of my license keys. Unfortunately, it didn't fix my issue. I still can't check the "Use Accelerator" box in my backup policy without getting errors. I even created a new SLP and new policy and still get the same messages.

I will continue to find a solution in my other thread and/or call Support. Thanks for your help Mark!

Scott_Warmbier
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified

Try also the other GUI - if you're using the PC client GUI try the Java or vice versa.

In 7.5.0.4 there might also be an EEB - give support or customer care a ring you may need to get a new license key - there could have been a few keys issued that don't enable Accelerator.

I've seen those three possiblities (License, EEB, and GUI) cause accelrator not to show up as an option.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Just updated the thread over in the NetBAckup forum - looks like groups are being used in an AIR SLP - that is not permitted and will cause the error - it has to be a Storage Unit specified and not a Storage Unit Group