cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced disk space

AndresV
Level 6
Partner    VIP   

I´m running out space in my "advanced disk" but in my MSDP I have plenty of space. So I need to know if there is way to "take" some space from MSDP in order to add some TBs to advanced disk?

If so, this process involves lose data from MSDP?

For full, differential and transaction logs backups which type of disk is better?? MSDP or Advanced Disk?

Just FYI Im talking about Netbackup 5230 appliance (2.6.1.1)

Any Ideas... 

Thank you guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Which disk to choose for a backup target is really down to your retention requirements, whether it deudpes, whether performance is required, how much wiggle room you have.

RPO and RTO should dictate what storage to use for specific backup types and data-sets.

Re: Changing size.  No data should be lost.  The partitions should be able to be re-sized on the fly so to speak.  But it is best to do that whilst the backup server is quiet.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Which disk to choose for a backup target is really down to your retention requirements, whether it deudpes, whether performance is required, how much wiggle room you have.

RPO and RTO should dictate what storage to use for specific backup types and data-sets.

Re: Changing size.  No data should be lost.  The partitions should be able to be re-sized on the fly so to speak.  But it is best to do that whilst the backup server is quiet.