cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intial replication from prodcution NBU domain to newly setup NBU domain at primary site

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hello

Soon I will be setting up brand new NBU domain made out of NBU 5230 appliances. Inital setup will be made on ours primary site, so I will be forced to use the IP from the range used on ours production site. Of course the hostname used in new domain will be permament. Once I will establish AIR relationship in between the prod domain and DR one I will run initial replication to DR domain using SLP. After this being done I will have to power off NBU domain prepared for DR running on appliances and ship to ours DR site where there will be different IP range.

Is there any procedure about changing the IP on master/media NBU appliance based devices?

In Appliance Admin Guide I find this:

"Note: You cannot remove an IP address if the appliance host name resolves to that IP address."

Did anyone of you do something similar? Can you share your steps?

Unfortunatelly I don't have a test environment to give a try... Please advice.

2 REPLIES 2

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Easiest way to do this is to add the second IP address on some other interface, e.g. eth5.

So you'll have x.x.x.x on eth 4, and y.y.y.y on eth5.

Then via the console or IPMI, log into maintenance mode and elevate.

Bring down the network services with service network stop. 

Then go to the /etc/sysconfig/ area and manually swap the IP addresses by editing the respective eth files.

Then start the network services again 

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I've not had a problem with a re-IP of an already configured appliance:

https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/re-ip-currently-working-mastermedia-appliance