cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatch in SLP information

DLTSupport
Level 3
Partner Accredited

The activity monitor and Ops Center Analytics are in agreement that all SLP's have completed all processing.  This data center and their remote data center are using Air between two 5220 Appliances to replicate hundreds of images daily.  When the commands nbstlutil -copy_incomplete and nbstlutil -image_incomplete is run on the source master it shows a response of 696 and 10 respectively.  When the same commands are run on the remote master, the response is128 13 respectively.  Why are the outputs from each server different from what the activity monitor and Ops Center Analytics say?

5 REPLIES 5

D_Flood
Level 6

One of the possible causes of the difference is that the destination doesn't know something is coming it's way until that specific image replication starts.  So it only knows about complete and in-process inbound images.

DLTSupport
Level 3
Partner Accredited

That could be true but the activity monitorshows no active jobs and Ops Center Analytics say all jobs complete.

D_Flood
Level 6

Humm...If I were logged on the next step I'd take is to dump 'nbstlutil stlilist -U' to a text file and see how many things are reported with a state other than "COMPLETE".  The sub-lines under each entry will help show what it was trying to do (or thinks it is stil doing).

If you regularly suspend SLPs and then edit them it's possible that older versions of the SLP stayed suspended when you reactivated the SLP. 

It's also possible that some of the replications may have given up and just aren't retrying anymore.

If there's a lot of old stuff then you may need to cancel them or otherwise clean them up so that they can expire since any image assigned to an SLP will have a "never expire" date until the SLP releases it.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

copy and image will usually be different as one image can have several copies .. it backup, duplication to tape, replication cross site so one image incomplete could have 2 copies incomplete.

How all this ties in with AIR is likely to be complex .. i guess a pendimlist value for each site may give a clue

Things also changed in later versions of NetBackup with the introduction of bpimagelist having the -stl_incomplete switch .. maybe testing that may give more idea on where the odd ones are as you can use date ranges with that command

watsons
Level 6

"nbstlutil report" result should be consistent with what activity monitor (& OpsCenter) shows.

I don't see it as an issue if both servers report a different number of copy_incomplete & image_incomplete , because it will not be the same anyway. If the following does not add up, then only I am concerned:

For example in AIR :

# of -copy_state 3 & -copy_type 3 in source =  # of -copy_type 3 & -copy_type 4 in target

copy_state & copy_type are explained in: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO90385