Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec 5220 IPSec recreation

ChiaraC
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I recently installed a 5220 appliance (2.0.1) and then upgraded to 2.0.2 via the supplied USB key without saving the IPsec information.

How can this information be recreated? When I run a software test it is failing...  Would resetting to factory defaults fix the issue?

Thanks

CC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chad_Wansing2
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

A couple of notes......

1) The IPSec test failing is normal if you performed a re-image (versus upgrade) with the USB stick as it wipes out the IPSec certs that were installed from the factory.

2) The IPSec credentials would have to be recreated from our engineering group, sent to you, and one of the support folks would walk you through putting them on your box

3) As part of my stadard POC process I used to re-image the appliances off the bat just for good measure (no telling how many customers they'd been to or what state things were in) and I never bothered with the IPSec certs and have never had a problem.  I know there is some functionality coming that will play into the IPSec side of the box, but for standard functionality, I've never had a problem with the certs not being on there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Chad_Wansing2
Level 5

A couple of notes......

1) The IPSec test failing is normal if you performed a re-image (versus upgrade) with the USB stick as it wipes out the IPSec certs that were installed from the factory.

2) The IPSec credentials would have to be recreated from our engineering group, sent to you, and one of the support folks would walk you through putting them on your box

3) As part of my stadard POC process I used to re-image the appliances off the bat just for good measure (no telling how many customers they'd been to or what state things were in) and I never bothered with the IPSec certs and have never had a problem.  I know there is some functionality coming that will play into the IPSec side of the box, but for standard functionality, I've never had a problem with the certs not being on there.

ChiaraC
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks Chad!

Chad_Wansing2
Level 5

no problem.  If you want to get the creds back on the box, it's not a big deal.  I'd open a low-priority case, let them know what you need done and they should be able to get that taken care of for you but you can be doing your stuff in the meantime.