cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deduplication cache disable message

mahmedp
Level 3

Hi,

am getting below message in the deduplication job from one 5220 to another 5220 in the SLP job log.

Info APPLIANCE1(pid=10527) StorageServer=PureDisk:APPLIANCE2; Report=PDDO Stats for (APPLIANCE2): scanned: 5944290 KB, CR sent: 1089216 KB, CR sent over FC: 0 KB, dedup: 81.7%, cache disabled

my querry is does that means caching is disabled during the duplication? if yes then what is the impact of enabling it now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Mouse

I did quite a few test yesterday and never saw the message change from disabled. I used the seedutil and pd.conf entries. In the nbostproxy logs it even said it was using the seeding folder but still nothing.

On the flip side, if that is also this message refers to I think its a bit silly to add it to detailed status. One would only perform such a seed once in a while, 1 in 1000 or 1 in 10000. Why stick the confusing message in there. It looks like something isn't working that should.

Just my point of view ;)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mouse

This means that seeding was not configured/used, nothing really wrong with it. Read about seeding here http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144437

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi Mouse

I did quite a few test yesterday and never saw the message change from disabled. I used the seedutil and pd.conf entries. In the nbostproxy logs it even said it was using the seeding folder but still nothing.

On the flip side, if that is also this message refers to I think its a bit silly to add it to detailed status. One would only perform such a seed once in a while, 1 in 1000 or 1 in 10000. Why stick the confusing message in there. It looks like something isn't working that should.

Just my point of view ;)