cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM backup report on aptare

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Hello folks,

I'm trying to generate list of VMs been backed up and those not in backup using Aptare Analytics report. Anyone with idea or info to accomplish this?  

Alternatively, I would appreciate SQL query to generate similar report with opscenter analytics

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

@Dollypee  depending on what products you are collecting from, it should be possible.  For example if you are collecting from VMWARE you should be able to generate a list of VMs known in virtual environment, and then compare this to clients that are being backed up, but if you are only collecting from NETBACKUP, and these VMs are not known in NBU, ITA will not know about these VMs.  In this case, we will need to learn the list of clients from another "source-of-truth" (like a CMDB) and then use this for comparison.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Robert_Geller
Level 4
Employee

@Dollypee  depending on what products you are collecting from, it should be possible.  For example if you are collecting from VMWARE you should be able to generate a list of VMs known in virtual environment, and then compare this to clients that are being backed up, but if you are only collecting from NETBACKUP, and these VMs are not known in NBU, ITA will not know about these VMs.  In this case, we will need to learn the list of clients from another "source-of-truth" (like a CMDB) and then use this for comparison.  

Sorry to 'hijack' an old post here but though I would try this before opening a new one....

I have a customer who is currently running ITA 11.2 Protection Suite with NBU 10.3 on a Flex environment.

I previously had Ops Center installed and conigured but replaced this with the move to NBU 10.3 recently.

I am looking to report on VMs NOT BACKED UP in a specified time range.  As most of these VM's would not have the NBU Client installed and I only have the license for Protection Suite can I achieve this ?

Thanks,

Andy.