cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Growing Pure Disk Pools

Tracy_Fry
Level 4

has anyone had experience growing a pure disk pool? - we will be growing the physical storage and was wondering if there were any issues with netbackup when the physical storage changes? i.e. is there a limit to the size the disk pool can grow

many thanks for any advice

4 REPLIES 4

AAlmroth
Level 6
Partner Accredited

But generally, most file systems of today, such as ext3, xfs and VxFS can cope with very large file systems.

If you use PureDisk with VxVM and VxFS, you can grow the volumes and file system on the fly.

The limit is rather at the application level. Each PureDisk can only store 16TB each if used for both PureDisk clients and NetBackup PDDO, and 32TB if using PDDO only.

My choice would rather be to add a CR/MBE than growing existing file systems, unless they are very small today (< 4TB). With one more CR/MBE, you can better load-balance the backup and restore jobs, as more nodes will participate.

/A

gc_bus
Level 4

We've seven content routers (in each of our two SPA's) each addressing between 11TB and  16TB currently running Puredisk 6.5.1.2 to a usable SPA total of 91.6TB in a PDDO only environment. This is shortly to be upgraded to Puredisk 6.6.0.3 and another 46TB added spread across four of the seven content routers. We've grown our Puredisk pools a number of times. The main consideration when adding content routers and/or adding storage to existing content routers is the time it takes to run the re-routing processes.  The limits for SPA pool size is 100TB (max 16TB per CR) for PDDO only under Puredisk 6.5.1.2 and 192TB (max 32TB per CR) for PDDO only under Puredisk 6.6.0.3. 

Altimate1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I'm conducing some testing here with PureDisk6.6.1. After changing the storage size from 8 to 9 GB, I expected seing some changes in the capacity report dashboard but there are still 8GB repported.

Is there anything to do to get the new capacity repported?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Altimate1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Anwser: It become correct after few hours!

So all is fine... nothing to do... just to wait.

Regards