Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puredisk CIFS Gateway service Uknown

lee_foster1
Level 3
Employee

Hi Guys,

I am about to perform another 6.2.1 to 6.5 upgrade, however on the current system there is a problem with the CIFS gateway service. 

When i try to start it i get the following message 'aborted' and the service states "unknown" 

The following message is in the boot.msg log 

Starting PureDisk CIFS Gateway: nmbd smbd <notice>startproc: execve (/opt/pdvfs/sbin/nmbd) [ /opt/pdvfs/sbin/nmbd -D -s /etc/puredisk/smb.conf ], [ LDAPCONF=/opt/pdopensource/etc/openldap/ldap.conf
 CONSOLE=/dev/console ROOTFS_FSTYPE=ext3 SHELL=/bin/sh TERM=linux ROOTFS_FSCK=0 LC_ALL=POSIX INIT_VERSION=sysvinit-2.86 REDIRECT=/dev/tty1 COLUMNS=123 UDEVD_MAX_CHILDS=64 UDEVD_MAX_CHILDS_RUNNING=1
6 PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin vga=0x317 RUNLEVEL=3 SPLASHCFG=/etc/bootsplash/themes/SuSE-SLES/config/bootsplash-1024x768.cfg PWD=/ PREVLEVEL=N LINES=44 HOME=/ SHLVL=3 SPLASH=yes splash=silen
t ROOTFS_BLKDEV=/dev/cciss/c0d0p1 _=/sbin/startproc DAEMON=/opt/pdvfs/sbin/nmbd ]
<notice>checkproc: /opt/pdvfs/sbin/.bin/nmbd 11616
<notice>startproc: execve (/opt/pdvfs/sbin/smbd) [ /opt/pdvfs/sbin/smbd -D -s /etc/puredisk/smb.conf ], [ LDAPCONF=/opt/pdopensource/etc/openldap/ldap.conf CONSOLE=/dev/console ROOTFS_FSTYPE=ext3 S
HELL=/bin/sh TERM=linux ROOTFS_FSCK=0 LC_ALL=POSIX INIT_VERSION=sysvinit-2.86 REDIRECT=/dev/tty1 COLUMNS=123 UDEVD_MAX_CHILDS=64 UDEVD_MAX_CHILDS_RUNNING=16 PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin vga=0
x317 RUNLEVEL=3 SPLASHCFG=/etc/bootsplash/themes/SuSE-SLES/config/bootsplash-1024x768.cfg PWD=/ PREVLEVEL=N LINES=44 HOME=/ SHLVL=3 SPLASH=yes splash=silent ROOTFS_BLKDEV=/dev/cciss/c0d0p1 _=/sbin/
startproc DAEMON=/opt/pdvfs/sbin/smbd ]
startproc:  signal catched /opt/pdvfs/sbin/smbd: Aborted

2 REPLIES 2

Abesama
Level 6
Partner

Hello Lee,

Did you have a look at the topology.ini?

And does the knownServices line have cifs?

topology.ini and edit_topology.sh can be found under /opt/pdinstall.

lee_foster1
Level 3
Employee

Hi there, Yes topology.ini was fine, I have just performed the upgrade to 6.5 and CIFS is fine now. I think it was down to a corrupt smbd.conf or nmbd.conf file.

Thanks for the post.