cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changeip.sh script message error

Vincent633
Not applicable

Hi,

We have an all-in-one node in a "test" configuration mode. We would like to change to a production configuration.

That means, we have to change SPA ' IP address /  FQDN of this node.
Due to data in /Storage, we don't want to reinstall a node and keep this data that has already been backuped.

I followed the procedure in "Administrator's Guide" about modifying IP address of a  PD node :

I added a secondary NIC with an IP address, configuring with Yast.

I tried to execute the changeip.sh script but I've got this message :

# ./changeIP.sh --fromip 10.1.9.X --toip 10.1.0.X --allowspa
# The fromip doesn't match a server agent ip address in the SPA database.

What did I forget ?

Please help.

1 REPLY 1

Abesama
Level 6
Partner
Check the name resolution again (I seem to say this to every second thread I open in this forum :) ...)

I know you want to change the IP of the SPA node, while retaining the hostname the same.

And I think the reason of the error message could be because your SPA's hostname is already associated with the new IP address, so when the changeIP tries to verify if the "fromip" is the SPA indeed, it does not find it is so (because in your DNS or hosts file, the SPA's hostname is now with new IP)

"If" my theory above is really the case in your SPA, then simply change the name resolution back to old IP address - 10.1.9.X, and then try it again.

Similar error was discussed in earlier thread (which you might have checked out already) but I think this time it's a different story in your PD.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/spa-changing-ip-address

Cheers,

Abe