cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.5.1 activity monitor topology refresh

Methos8
Level 4
Since upgrading from 6.5 to 6.5.1 I've noticed that the topology view no longer refreshes unless I do a refresh all.  Anyone else have this issue or know of a solution?
9 REPLIES 9

bumj1
Level 5
I am on 6.5.1 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 and have the same issue happening on two separate master servers.  I have just been dealing with it and have not heard of a solution.  Just commenting for the good of the group.

Methos8
Level 4
Thanks for the comment.  I'm glad its not just me.  I've asked symantec to look into it.  We'll see what happens.

Methos8
Level 4
I've been told its a known bug and should be fixed in 6.5.2

Jim-m
Level 5
I have never trusted the GUI console ....
Its still got more bugs in it than this.

jplally
Level 3
Try selecting 'View' then 'Options' and on the 'Activity Monitor' tab there is a 'Refresh rate field' in seconds. There is also one on the 'Device Monitor' tab.

Methos8
Level 4
Tried and no effect.  This is an acknowledged bug.  I'm going to uninstall 6.5.1 on my local machine until 6.5.2 is released.

Message Edited by Methos8 on 03-10-2008 03:20 PM

Karl_Schissler
Level 3
I have also experienced this with NetBackup 6.0, after applying Maint. Pack 6.   Refresh-All is the only way that I can get the Topology screen to update.  Hopefully they fix this in MP7?

ewadmin
Level 4

fyi:

I recently upgraded from 6.0 mp5 to 6.5.2A.  I am experiencing this problem refreshing Activity Monitor in the new version.  All jobs running on devices local to the master refresh as they should, but devices connected to a remote media server do not.  I have to hit Refresh All to see those changes.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
I am on 6.5.2a and I still have refresh issues - like tapes mounted but not showing, or tapes unmounted but the gui still show them in the drive.....