cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.5.4 Activity Monitor Drives tab shows paths in AVR / Device Monitor shows <Retrieving Status..>

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since 6.5.4 some strange information displayed in the Windows NetBackup Administration Console regards devices.

Activity Monitor > Drives view
I have 8 drives in SSO configuration and all show TLD control - so far so good.

But under Paths for drives I see some paths in AVR mode.
Now interestingly those paths to drives in AVR mode are on Media Servers that are offline but in a cluster as their other member is ONLINE and active for tape and disk

When I relocate netbackup in the cluster to the other cluster member, the paths on that previous cluster member go into AVR mode.

This didn't happen under 6.5.3. In fact I'm sure the paths were not displayed. This gets more interesting in Device Monitor view.

Device Monitor view
The paths in AVR as mentioned above, show Control field to be <Retrieiving Status..>

Wonder if this is a bug or by design.

I don't rely on using the Activity Monitor anymore as I always have to press Refresh ALL and wait up to 15 seconds to come back where as Device Monitor is more like a live view.

Interestingly I don't see any of this information using the CLI commands vmoprcmd

Q: What command line equivalent for what I see in Activity Monitor Drives tab?

------------------
Master: SUSE Linux 10 (6.5.4)
Media Servers: Alpha Tru64 (6.5.4) in cluster using Trucluster as a failover media server

3 REPLIES 3

Stumpr2
Level 6
tpconfig -dl
vmoprcmd -xdraw
vmoprcmd -devmon

BTW: Are you familiar with getting unsupported usage of NetBackup commands by using the command with " -Q "?
Try running
vmoprcmd -Q

There are a lot of goodies in there :)

-SSOupbyname <drive_name>
UP all host-drive instances of this SSO drive.
-SSOdownbyname <drive_name>
DOWN all host-drive instances of this SSO drive.
-SSOdisplay <drive_name>
Display the drive status of all host-drive instances of this SSO drive.

Will_Restore
Level 6
Thanks for the tip! 

BMU
Level 4
Partner Accredited
what a trick !!

thanks for this one mister Stump