cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A quick question

smwoodcrafts
Level 6
There was an eject error in our library , Adic Scaler I2k, during a drive cleaning. Now one of our drives is down because of that. I need to get it out of there, but there are jobs running that are going to that library. Now if I open the door, the robotics will be disabled. Would this affect the jobs running if I open the door.

Thanks,

smwoodcrafts
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
with all posts above to a greater or lesser extent!

With our old StorageTek L180 opening the front door did reset the library. But in all honesty I cannot remember if it actually resulted in failed saves.

But with our current Overland unit(s) this has no effect unless tapes fill or backups complete as stated.

So I suppose it depends on the hardware itself.

Can you suspend the running jobs just in case? (Altho' looking at when you posted this you've already done one of two things - tried it or left it!)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rjrumfelt
Level 6
Where when you open the door, the robot will go offline and your drives will have an "AVR" status until the robot comes back online.  Your jobs will probably fail with an exit status 219.

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
As long as current tape doesn't get full and backup doesn't require a new tape.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

My experience has been that the backups currently running on the drives will carry on. The robot will be in a down state, not the tape drives. As Rakesh said - as long as no tape mounts/dismounts are required while the door is open.
My interpretation of drives in AVR state is 'UP - no robotic control' - in effect Standalone.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
with all posts above to a greater or lesser extent!

With our old StorageTek L180 opening the front door did reset the library. But in all honesty I cannot remember if it actually resulted in failed saves.

But with our current Overland unit(s) this has no effect unless tapes fill or backups complete as stated.

So I suppose it depends on the hardware itself.

Can you suspend the running jobs just in case? (Altho' looking at when you posted this you've already done one of two things - tried it or left it!)