cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API call for nbstlutil

creativeguitar
Level 3

I am having problems with replications on multiple of our master servers.

I manually execute "nbstlutil report" command to see if there are any incomplete SLP copies on backlog.

Is there an API that will show the same kind of data for SLPs? I would like to automate the report.

I am looking for the same info that nbstlutil report gives: SLP Name: (state), Number of copies, Size

2 REPLIES 2

Krutons
   VIP   

I'm not aware of a way to get that type of report through the API, but you could setup a cronjob that would execute the nbstlutil report command and then email it to yourself/team DG.

I'll look around for a little bit when I get some free time and see if I can find a way through the API.

Azhar4
Level 4

I have this under cron :

0 9 * * * /repository/scripts/SLP_Status.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

#This script is to check the backup and list of the pending images every day at 3pm AST

#!/bin/bash
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin:/usr/openv/netbackup/goodies:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd:/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/

cd /repository/scripts/

>/repository/scripts/slp_status.txt
echo "Images Pending Replication for STC-BKU001P:" >> /repository/scripts/slp_status.txt
nbstlutil report >> /repository/scripts/slp_status.txt
echo "***************************************************************************************" >> /repository/scripts/slp_status.txt
echo "" >> /repository/scripts/slp_status.txt
echo "`cat /repository/scripts/slp_status.txt`" | mail -s "SLP Incomplete Copies on (master server name)" abc@xyz.com