cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add physical media to Netbackup 6.x

LIMRA
Level 4

Dear Experts

We got very old Netbackup version 6.0 ( Solaris) , and sometime  takes ages to load GUI  like now I been trying for long to load  "New Volume Add"  window  but its been not loaded up yet

I need to add  50 HCART3 physical volume to specific volume pool ( new media are inserted in ACSLS, thats confirmed) .

Can some one please show me how to add volume  using  vmadd command,  I hope I can add 50 media in one command.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LIMRA
Level 4

Thanks Chris

I was looking to add 50 commands in one hit..  I just did  using   'for ' command

for i in `cat 30012014newmedia.txt`
> do sudo vmadd -m $i -mt hcart3 -rt acs -rn 3 -rh  sun01 -p 4
> done

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Removed
Level 3

Hi,

I suggest to use vmadm instead of vmadd (I am guessing that this is available in 6.0 as well, don't have a running version up to test)

It's bascially a command line GUI which guides you through the process quite well. I used it for a long time when there was a bug in NetBackup that would only let you add a single volume in the GUI at the same time.

Hope this helps

Chris

LIMRA
Level 4

Thanks Chris

I was looking to add 50 commands in one hit..  I just did  using   'for ' command

for i in `cat 30012014newmedia.txt`
> do sudo vmadd -m $i -mt hcart3 -rt acs -rn 3 -rh  sun01 -p 4
> done

Regards

Removed
Level 3

Ah okay, yeah I guess if you do not have consecutive tape labels using vmadm would be a drag. (Although then so would be the Java GUI, wouldn’t it?) Because vmadm does let you add multiple tapes in one go as well. (But only if they are a closed range of course)