cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Drive

Martin_Mailes
Level 3

I am currently running Netbackup 6 MP7 on a single Master/Media server which is connected to an IBM TS3310 tape library holding 2 LTO3 drives. A spare external LTO4 drive has become available which I would like to employ as an additional drive for my policies to use. Getting Netbackup to see the drive is fairly straight forward but I would like some guidance as to how best to utilise this drive.

We have a pool of about 200 barcoded tapes of which 4 are used sequentialy each night over a month. Is there any way of just introducing the new drive so that it can be used by the existing pool or would I need to have specific policies that only use the new drive.

I have not had to do anything with netbackup for about 2 years so am a bit rusty from the initial set up.

1 REPLY 1

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

that the drive type of the LTO4 drive matches that of your LTO3's so that it will behave in effect like an LTO3 drive. You will also want to amend your current Storage Unit(s) maximum concurrent write drives so that all three can be used at once.

Other than that I can't think of anything else.