cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding existing tapes/images to vault

drobson
Level 2

Hi

I'm about to implement Vault on 7.5.0.7.  I've been looking for info relating to migrating existing archive tapes into vault.

ie We have boxes of tapes offsite and manulaly cataloged and I want to add all of these tapes to Vault and do away with the spread sheet.

I can see that, once implemented, vault will do this for our new images, but what about the old?

PS I have not found this info in documentation or forums.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

So when you create the Vault profile, did you select the Duplication job too.. if yes it will do the duplication for the images that are selected/fitered from the choose backup tab( first tab in vault profile) and do the duplications..

duplication based on the images

eject for for tapes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla

if the tapes are already out of the tape unit, vault does not make track of them..

you need to insert them back to tape library and let them eject though Vault job again to have the track of it though Vault.

it a one time task for you to get away from the spreed sheet management.

drobson
Level 2

Thanks Nagalla,

That makes a lot of sense know I have completed the profile creation. It indicates both disk and tape media. Just couldn't see a specific note about this in the documentation.

It's still not clear to me if the images will be duplicated into vault or the entire media vaulted. It was the latter I was hoping for.

Thanks for your help.

RamNagalla

So when you create the Vault profile, did you select the Duplication job too.. if yes it will do the duplication for the images that are selected/fitered from the choose backup tab( first tab in vault profile) and do the duplications..

duplication based on the images

eject for for tapes.