cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding storage unit on netbackup 5.1 MP2

Ancce
Level 2
Hi, any let me know I am adding new storage unit, so is i need to recycle the netbackup master daemon???

Cheers....

Message Edited by Ancce on 09-06-2007 05:11 AM
6 REPLIES 6

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified
Use these commands to reread storage units configuration w/o restarting NetBackup.

bpschedreq -read_stunits

bpschedreq -read_stu_config

Stumpr2
Level 6

bpschedreq -read_stunits
bpschedreq -read_stu_config

Those only work for udating after a change to an existing storage unit.
You still have to bounce the services when you reate a new storage unit.

GENERAL ERROR: Jobs sit in queue and never start when using newly added storage unit 

Overview:
Adding a new storage unit will not make it immediately available for backups. After creating a new storage unit, the VERITAS NetBackup (tm) processes need to be restarted. Any attempt to back up or restore to the new storage unit will cause the job to queue and never run.

Message Edited by Bob Stump on 09-06-2007 10:04 AM

Stumpr2
Level 6
However, in NB 6.X .......

DOCUMENTATION: What are some of the situations where is it necessary to restart daemons / services in VERITAS NetBackup (tm) 6.0?

The following are some common situations where it may be necessary to restart some or all of the NetBackup 6.0 daemons:

I. Changing the storage unit configuration
When adding, removing,  or modifying a storage unit in NetBackup 6.0, no restarts are necessary.  Changes will take effect for the next backup or restore that uses the storage unit.  Any existing backups will not be updated with the changes if they were started before the changes were made.
Adding:  No daemons need to be restarted
Modifying:  No daemons need to be restarted
Deleting:  No daemons need to be restarted

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Thx Mr B.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Your welcome.

akhilesh
Level 3
Certified

Hi,

Like we were rereading the STU on master/media in 5.x we dont have any such commands or similar to that in 6.0 and above whihc can refresh the storage units.