Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administration Console does not show Media Server

Bogdan_Visinesc
Level 3
Partner
Hello all,

Had NBU 6.0 MP2, now is at MP3. In both versions there was/is a strange thing happening.
If I open up the Administration Console on the master server, under 'Netbackup Management -> Host Properties', there is no 'Media Server' category.
If I run the Administration Console from the media server, it has the 'Media Server' category in place and in order.

Can you tell what can I do in this situation? Can the Administration Console be customed to show some categories and some not?

Many thanks,
bogdan
4 REPLIES 4

Thomas_Schulz_2
Level 3
Check the bp.conf from the master server.

The media server should added as MEDIA_SERVER = , and not as normale SERVER entry.

Bogdan_Visinesc
Level 3
Partner
I forgot to mention. We have NetBackup installed on Windows Server 2003.

I have run the following commands, on both machines involved (master and media server).

nbemmcmd -listhosts
NBEMMCMD, Version:6.0MP2(20060316)
The following hosts were found:
server stsbk01
master stsbk01
media stsbk02
Command completed successfully.

nbemmcmd -getemmserver
NBEMMCMD, Version:6.0MP2(20060316)
These hosts were found in this domain: stsbk01, stsbk02

Checking with the host "stsbk01"...
Checking with the host "stsbk02"...

Server Type Host Version Host Name EMM Server

MEDIA 6.0 stsbk02 stsbk01

MASTER 6.0 stsbk01 stsbk01

Command completed successfully.

The media server is alive and kicking, I have managed to make backups to it. From this fact and also from the output above, there seems to me to be an interface problem not a configuration one.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks,
bogdan

Bogdan_Visinesc
Level 3
Partner
Problem solved.
As I mentioned above, it seemed just like an interface problem rather than a configuration one.

I have installed the console on another machine, and displayed correctly the 'Host Properties'. So these lead me to reinstalling the console on the server. As I would have expected, this worked like a charm. It displayed correctly the 'Host Properties'.

br,
bogdan

Bogdan_Visinesc
Level 3
Partner
resolved by myself.