Partner Accredited Certified

NBU 7.5.0.3

Windows 2008 R2 SP1

Drive and Robot Detected at OS level.

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems you are trying to run diagnostics?

What is the purpose of these tests?

In all honesty, in my 13 years with NBU I have never needed or tried to run NBU level diagnostics.

From what I can see the robot and tape drive has been configured in NBU.
Have you completed rest of config? (Storage Unit and Media)
Have you tried to select the Storage Unit and volume pool in a backup policy and tested a backup?

If you really want to run diagnostics, you may want to read up in Admin Guide I on these topics:
Running a robot diagnostic test
Running a tape drive diagnostic test

Just reading this section in the manual, it seems that a test tape is needed. The manual is not clear on what type of test media is required. My gut-feel is that the library's diagnostic tape will be requested. Does your library have such a special slot for diagnostic tape?

Status Code Guide says the following about error 182:

Media Manager status code 182
Explanation: The state file does not exist. The reason may be because no tests
have been run yet.
RecommendedAction: If the state file is lost, any previous test runs are also lost.
The recommended action is to start again.

M_Williams
Level 3

What is the purpose of needing to run the diagnostic tools? Do you have a backup issue. Personally if i need to run diagnostics on any drives or library's i use the vendors tools whether they be HP or Quantum

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Think it uses are regular tape for the tests.

I suspect the 182 happens after the first error.

Are the device mappings files up-to-date - just an idea.

Martin

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

OK. I have 3 ideas ...

It is a bug - not that likely as it seems to be working on mine, no bugs that I can find on this

Device mapping file - can't see why this would be an issue, but sometimes it's worth upgrading these

It seems not all devices / drives are supported, so could be as simple as this.  There does not appear to be any list that I can find as to what is supported.

Martin