cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had ever encounter exit status 31. "could not set user id for process"..

rclegarto
Level 4
Certified
Can you guys help to share information about this? I couldn't find any helpful information regarding this from google. Can you share how this exit status appears?
6 REPLIES 6

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
"...
Try the following:
Check the NetBackup All Log Entries report for clues on where and why the failure occurred. For detailed troubleshooting information, create a debug log directory for the process that you think may have returned this status code. Then, retry the operation and check the resulting debug log
..."

& also the following TechNote:

STATUS CODE 31: When running a user initiated backup of a client with NetBackup, a status code 31 oc...

Not sure if relevant. Any more info?

rclegarto
Level 4
Certified
I've also come across those info earlier too. but Thanks. Let me try to read though it again hoping that I could make sense to it this time around..

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
?

rclegarto
Level 4
Certified
running a user defined backup. However, the Netbackup Client service is already set to Automatic. Actually, this is the first time I got this error. Just wanted to have some idea on how to troubleshoot this issue. If i need to look on the clietn side, or on the master/media side.

Deepak_W
Level 6
Partner Accredited
This can happen when the version of NetBackup that is installed is not compatible with the language/locale setting on the host. In this case the English release of NetBackup was being utilized with a Chinese language/local setting. there are several resolutions, Option 1) Install the desired language release of NetBackup; e.g. ZH (Chinese) or JA (Japanese). Option 2) Check/change the language/locale setting; e.g. 'C' or 'English'. Option 3) Uninstall and reinstall the NetBackup client to a directory path that does not include spaces or other non-alphanumeric characters. check out below link for more info http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/322717.htm

rclegarto
Level 4
Certified
Thank you Deepak W