cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are old license keys necessary?

terryd3
Level 4

I have license keys on our NetBackup host that go back over ten years.  Should I ever delete the old keys, and if so how often? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

terry, if the new license keys provide you with the same license and quantity as the old licenses keys, then yes, delete the old ones, but keep a note of them just in case you have to add them back :)

View solution in original post

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Once you have added new license keys for new NBU version, there is no need for previous version license keys.

Not a requirement, but best for tidiness and to avoid confusion - delete previous version license keys.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If they have expired, yes, delete them.

How often, is up to you.

terryd3
Level 4

When I run get_license_key command they all say "Expires: No Expiration Date".  I add new license keys every time I upgrade the system.  Even though they have no expiration date, can I still delete all of the older keys when I add the new ones?

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

terry, if the new license keys provide you with the same license and quantity as the old licenses keys, then yes, delete the old ones, but keep a note of them just in case you have to add them back :)

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Once you have added new license keys for new NBU version, there is no need for previous version license keys.

Not a requirement, but best for tidiness and to avoid confusion - delete previous version license keys.

terryd3
Level 4

Thanks for your responses.