cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a fresher how to start career as storage admin and how to get job on netbackup?

peter_jack
Level 2
Hi friends,
                        this is peter.I completed course on veritas netbackup and trying to start career as a storage admin.As a fresher how to get job on storage and how to proceed?Now-a-days all companies are looking for a experience persons only,then how can i get survive?pls suggest me and help me if there are any oppertunities on netbackup.

I appreciate ur efforts and thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

bak
Level 4
Most people do not start as storage admins.

My career path has looked like this:
Helpdesk->Network->Unix->Unix+Backups->Unix+Backups+Storage

JayDhillon
Level 4
Bak is correct, I assume you may have some IT background and experience but not particulary on storage and backup side. if not you will most probably start as Tech support, Network admin and work your way towards storage/backup admin. Other way to prove your credibility is by getting certified on Netbackup. Just my thoughts...

peter_jack
Level 2
Hi Back
                How are you? Thank you for your valuable suggestion.Iam not a fresher for IT field, but fresher for stoarge field.Currently Iam working as a sys admin on windows platform, from 2 years onwards.

Once again thanking you.Take care.Bye Bye

peter_jack
Level 2
HI JayDhillon
                               How are you?  Thank you JayDhillon for ur valuable suggestion.

Take care,Bye Bye

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I´ve started w/ Linux / Solaris  -> EMC storage -> Netbackup