Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACKUP_ERROR 96

qeialto
Level 3

Hi all

Please, i need an help 'cause i'm going crazy

When i try to launch a backup (manually) i receive this error:

02/26/2016 15:58:25 - Info nbjm (pid=878) starting backup job (jobid=37) for client m4nxhpsrl1cc-bak, policy m4nxhpsrl1cc-bak_FILES, schedule Weekly_Full
02/26/2016 15:58:25 - Info nbjm (pid=878) requesting STANDARD_RESOURCE resources from RB for backup job (jobid=37, request id:{6319E572-DC99-11E5-801E-9CB654873D68})
02/26/2016 15:58:25 - requesting resource m4nxhpsrl1c6-hcart-robot-tld-0
02/26/2016 15:58:25 - requesting resource m4nxhpsrl1c6.NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS.m4nxhpsrl1cc-bak
02/26/2016 15:58:25 - requesting resource m4nxhpsrl1c6.NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS.m4nxhpsrl1cc-bak_FILES
02/26/2016 15:58:25 - Error nbjm (pid=878) NBU status: 96, EMM status: No media is available
unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available  (96)

in EVERY TIME

How can i solve?!

Please, help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Add new media to the pool that is specified in the policy that is failing. Or Scratch pool if you have one. Ensure media is in the storage unit (robot 0) that is selected in the policy. Double-check that media, tape drives and and STU all have same density. Verify that there is no hardware expiration date on the tapes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Add new media to the pool that is specified in the policy that is failing. Or Scratch pool if you have one. Ensure media is in the storage unit (robot 0) that is selected in the policy. Double-check that media, tape drives and and STU all have same density. Verify that there is no hardware expiration date on the tapes.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

In addition to Marianne excellent advice (as always) make sure that in the polciy m4nxhpsrl1cc-bak_FILES the volume pool specified on the attributes tab or, if override is selected, in the schedule Weekly_Full has tapes in the library.

If there are tapes for that pool in the library then  make sure that they are using the same retention period (number) as this policy that you are running and also that they are not suspend or frozen.

You may need to add the column (right click the heading row - Columns - Layout - select "Media Status" and unhide it.

Hope this helps

Marianne
Level 6
What will also help is to check output of available_media script. You will find it in /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies If output is more than one full screen, redirect output to text file in /tmp. e.g. available_media > /tmp/media.txt