cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEDS!!!!

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

KINDLY provide me with any details may describe the using of beds and how it working? if it is just alog directory, so what are writing there?

Regards,  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

It is there purely to write logs for any components in NetBackup that for processes that have been ported acrooss from Backup Exec - it is nothing special, just another logs folder really

What exactly are you getting at - try and explain what exactly you would like to know about BEDS so that we can answer yoru question effectively

Thanks

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

BEDS is used for enabling logging during backup and restore operation and that directory contain all the relevant logs to view for NBU

install_path\NetBackup\logs\beds

Thanks

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6

thanks for reply. i'm interested in more info about it.because the logs directory always containing details,but BEDS all the time is empty directory.

Will_Restore
Level 6

BEDS = Backup Exec Data Store

Seems to be some code was ported over from Backup Exec to NetBackup for the purpose of database backups such as Exchange, Sharepoint.  If you are just doing filesystem backup there would be nothing in BEDS log directory.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

It also mainly relates to clients - so if you do an exchange backup it would only usually log the BEDS logs on the client itself, not the Master or Media Servers

Hope this helps

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6

hi wr

i dont thing so,because i have different type of backup including all what you mention .and this log is also in netbackup.

regards

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6

ok,do you thing that this log available in the master without any purpose.and if it is in the client side so what will write different than  all other logs  in install_path\NetBackup\logs

Regards,

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

It is there purely to write logs for any components in NetBackup that for processes that have been ported acrooss from Backup Exec - it is nothing special, just another logs folder really

What exactly are you getting at - try and explain what exactly you would like to know about BEDS so that we can answer yoru question effectively

Thanks

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6

thanks mark

this log is always empty so i got confused what is ''BEDS"logs and it's uses and benefit.thats all

Regards,

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Ok - if you curiosity has been resolved dont forget to close the thread using the "Mark as solution" any answer that helped the most - this helps other looking for a similar issue in the future - Thanks

Will_Restore
Level 6

No offense but how does this latest reply rate as "solution" ?

* edit *

OK, the one now marked makes more sense, thanks!

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6

Sorry for this . i know that your answer was helpful as all others but it was my mistake to mark as solution the last reply of Mark.I feel embarrassed for this.crying

Really when i created this content it was for sharing information not looking for solving an issue.i dont know what happpened.