cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR 7.1 restore failed with error Error Network initialization Failed. rc=3997697

Vince_Connect
Not applicable

Environment 
NBU Server = 7.1
BMR Client image = win2003 with SP2 R2

Error
Network initialization Failed. rc=3997697

I am trying to restore a Windows server 2003 image from a sunfire X2200 client onto an HP Proliant 120 G7 box. I have followed through the right steps in creating the SRT from the HP drivers, but i still encouter the same error. I have also run the OS on the HP client I want to restore to, performed a full backup and created an SRT from it i need to restore from, but I still get the same error from its own image. I have also added  the NIC driver of the HP box (HP NC 107i PCle Gigabit Server Adapter) and added it to the SRT.

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Have you made a customised configuration for the client you are restoring and added the drivers to that config? It is best then to make you boot CD for that client to ensure those drivers are loaded on the CD as well Don't forget in the custom config to change the MAC address of the network card to match that of the Target server

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi You need a custom configuration for the client you are restoring Add the drivers to that config Change the MAC address of the nic to match the Target server Prepare to restore against that config Create the CD ISO for that client This procedure should get it to work for you