Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR To be configured

Harry_NBAD
Level 4
Certified

Hello All,

I have a HPUX box running on IA64 machine with V3 OS. I have to configure it to perform BMR for the clients being connected to it.

Kindly send me any document which would be handy in doing so.

Tried searching for BMR guide 7.5.0.4 but couldn't my hands on any.

Thanx in advance!

Regards,

Harmanpreet Singh

23 REPLIES 23

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Your Opening Post said nothing about Linux. You only mentioned :
HPUX box running on IA64 machine with V3 OS.

BMR support for Clients is documented in NBU 7 OS SCL:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76648

Jaime_Vazquez
Level 6
Employee

RHEL 6.5 requires 7.6.03 or later.  RHEL 6.6 requires 7.6.1.1 or later.

This is defined in the NBU 7 OS CL.

BMR Client/Boot Server support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 begins with NetBackup 7.5. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 GA and Update 1 are supported. Updates 2 and 3 are supported and require NetBackup 7.5.0.5 or later. Update 4 is supported and requires NetBackup 7.6 or later. Update 5 is supported and requires NetBackup 7.6.0.3 and later. Update 6 is supported and requires NetBackup 7.6.1.1 and later.

This forum posting was initially for the steps and and efforts to configure BMR in your NBU domain. As best as I can see, that information has been sufficiently given. 

Harry_NBAD
Level 4
Certified

Hello Jamie/Marriane,

I appreciate the information given here for configurig BMR, its my bad that I didnt mention the client version at first. I would mention the same next time. The Information had been really handy.

Thanx all.

regards,

Jaime_Vazquez
Level 6
Employee

Can we get some level of closure for this post?  The initial "BMR to be configured" part I think I have more than adequately answered.  The subsequent posting dealt with actually using BMR and was for the known status 26 error.

BMR is obviously now configured. Let's move on.  Need more help, post a  new topic.