Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR boot server

susindran_surul
Level 6

Hi Folks,

Good Day..

I have installed BMR in master server(solaris 10) and plan to install boot server..Please let us know shall i install boot server in the master server itself?

Or we have to install on seperate server only?

If i have installed master server itself and i could discover all the solaris client in master server itself.

Could you please confirm...

Thanks,

Susi.S

23 REPLIES 23

susindran_surul
Level 6

Thanks mandar & Mark..

Let me create seperate SRT for soalris 9 and solaris 10.

I don't understand this update level will come after kernal path update right?

I am having only solaris 10(8/07)  DVD with me and i am going to create SRT with use of DVD.Below is my boot server O.S release level.Please let us know if i create SRT with my DVD is enough for soalris 10?

$ more /etc/release
                   Oracle Solaris 10 9/10 s10s_u9wos_14a SPARC
     Copyright (c) 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
                            Assembled 11 August 2010
$

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you boot server is Solaris 10 Update 9 (looks like that is what the output shows) then it will be fine for a Solaris 10 Update 8 SRT (which is what you DVD looks like)

If you want other versions you will need different SRTs - an SRT for each version of Solaris and for Solaris 10 SRTs for clients lower than U8 you will also need another SRT

Your current CD is fine for creating an SRT of that version (U8) but will not be usable for U9 clients

Hope this makes sense

susindran_surul
Level 6

Hi Mark,

Thanks..I am tring to create SRT with my solaris 9 ISO image.But its not creating SRT with ISO image..We need solaris 9 DVD to create SRT?

Thanks,

Susi.S

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

you should be able to mount the ISO image as if it were a CD / DVD so it should be OK