cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR on NBU 6.5 Admin Console

Dimitris_Peppas
Level 4

Hi All.

I have done a fresh install of NBU 6.5.2 on a Windows 2003 Server, and I cannot see the BMR part in the NBU Admin Console. I ran the BMR Prepare wizard succesfully, but nothing has come up.

I have done the installation with a NBU Starter pack License key. The Admin Console says "Netbackup Enterprise Server".

Any clues what is wrong?

BR,

DP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_Morris
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Certified

Even though BMR is free with 6.5, you will still need a separate licence key for this. I went to my account manager and requested one and got one, but you might need to contact support about this if you do not have an account manager. Once the licence key is installed you will have BMR appear in the console.

Cheers,

Nick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nick_Morris
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Certified

Even though BMR is free with 6.5, you will still need a separate licence key for this. I went to my account manager and requested one and got one, but you might need to contact support about this if you do not have an account manager. Once the licence key is installed you will have BMR appear in the console.

Cheers,

Nick

Dimitris_Peppas
Level 4

I have confirmed that you dont need a BMR key, but actually any Client or DB Agent License key will do. It seems  that, because the BMR option is actually integrated into the client functionality, a client key "kick off" the option in the GUI.

The starter pack includes the clients but does not have a separate key. Maybe a small bug in Symantec's License key generator.