cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMR - ready to restore error

gautam_vashisht
Not applicable

I am getting the following error when I start the "ready to restore" option for my BMR setup.....

[Info] V-126-78 WARNING: The kernel version of the SRT, 'Generic_142909-17', is not same as the kernel version of the client, 'Generic_144488-17'.
[Error] V-126-3 'bmrprep' could not complete the requested operation.
Please see logs for additional information.
The Shared Resource Tree "srt_bth" could not be shared by the Boot Server hosting it. Please verify that the required configuration in the Boot Server is correct. The nfs daemons and configuration files need to be properly working for this operation to work.
[Info] V-126-43 Cleaning up. Please wait...

vxlogview error--
18/07/12 11:57:45.923 V-126-12 [bmrprep.cpp:ConfigUnix()] Allocation of SRT 'srt_bth' to client 'HMEL2-ERP-PPR' failed, rc=1.

the kernel version compatibility warning can be ignored as per Symantec docs..the error seems elsewhere..nfs daemons are running on the boot server properly...pls help in resolution...

1 REPLY 1

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Here bmrprep has given one warning and one error.

Kernel mismatch is a warning and you can ignore it.

Below one is an error occured while allocating SRT on the boot server. You are doing NW based BMR recovery which needs NFS, DHCP services running on the boot server. Please refer BMR admin guide for more details.

>> The Shared Resource Tree "srt_bth" could not be shared by the Boot Server hosting it. Please verify that >> the required configuration in the Boot Server is correct. The nfs daemons and configuration files need to >> be properly working for this operation to work.

Thanks.

Mandar