cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up UNC Volume Moint Points successful but no files backed up

Sua
Not applicable

Hi Guys

I am hoping you may be able to help me. I am currently running Netbackup 6 MP7. I have a file cluster that is being backed up through UNC share names.

The root drive is S: and it has 2 drives mounted using volume mount points to it as follows:

s:\ (Root drive 100MB)

s:\Mount1 (Volume mount point 1 100GB)

s:\Mount2 (Volume mount point 2 100GB)

The share is \\servername\sdrive and this maps to s:\

When I backup \\servername\sdrive\Mount1 or \\servername\sdrive\mount2 the backup completes successfully but it does not backup any of the files contained in either Mount1 or Mount2 drives, it does backup all files under the root share. I have tried enabling cross mount points and backup network drives but no luck.

I can back up files if I specify folders/files beyond the moint point i.e. \\servername\sdrive\mount1\folder1 or \\servername\sdrive\mount1\folder1\file1.txt but I need to specify the root share as the files and folders within mount1 and mount2 are constantly changing.

Thanks

Sua

2 REPLIES 2

F_J
Level 4
Create a bpbkar logging folder on the client and run the backup again, then search the bpbkar log for clues. Or post it here in the forum if possible.

S_H1
Level 5
Partner

Hi,

In the case of The NTFS Junction point (Volume mount point), maybe, You have to attach \ to an end.

Try this.

\\servername\sdrive\Mount1\ 

\\servername\sdrive\mount2\

Message Edited by S.H on 02-27-2009 11:34 AM