cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Schduling

NBU2010
Level 6

Hi All,

Need to set backup schedule for a Linux client for Quaterly and Yearly backups.

I have set it according to the frequency of days...

My ? : Is that the right way of doing it. Also want to know whether can i set it using Calender.

Thanks In Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

setting the recurring days for every 3 months and 1 year is not possible with the calender type of shedule.

only its possible for week and month in calender.

you can only specify the specify day if you are using the calender based schedule.

i do had the same situation where i ended up adding specify (once in a year) days for 30 years..... (hoping the 30 is more than enouch for the server end of life)

Probably Frequcy based would be the another based soution where setting the fequcy as 90 days(for 3 months one) and 365 days (for 1 year one) and open the scheudle for all 7 days.

it will keep on trying to run the backup in case if there is a backup failurs in required schdule and try to make sure that it has the backups.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Calendar schedule for these kind of backups seems best.

NBU2010
Level 6

Marianne...Thanks for the fastest reply.

How can we do that....can you explain it more.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

You select in the Schedule "Calender Based" and this adds a "Calender Schedule" tab to the top - select that - then pick the days you wish the backup to run!

You can select specific dates if you want it on non-recurring days.

NBU2010
Level 6

hello revaroo,

I want to set Quaterly n Yearly backup...so how i select the day once in every 3 months n 1 year.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

setting the recurring days for every 3 months and 1 year is not possible with the calender type of shedule.

only its possible for week and month in calender.

you can only specify the specify day if you are using the calender based schedule.

i do had the same situation where i ended up adding specify (once in a year) days for 30 years..... (hoping the 30 is more than enouch for the server end of life)

Probably Frequcy based would be the another based soution where setting the fequcy as 90 days(for 3 months one) and 365 days (for 1 year one) and open the scheudle for all 7 days.

it will keep on trying to run the backup in case if there is a backup failurs in required schdule and try to make sure that it has the backups.

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

> setting the recurring days for every 3 months and 1 year is not possible with the calender type of shedule.

What's wrong with adding 4 entries to the Specific Dates?

For example:

1 Jan

1 Apr

1 Jul

1 Oct

Then select in the Attributes : Retries allowed after runday

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I agree with revaroo.

Use 'Specific Dates' in Calendar schedule.

NBU2010
Level 6

Thanks All for your suggestions...i will configure the same and observe.

ontherocks
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Calendar Schedule with specific dates.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Just remember that the specific dates could be on any particular day - so also make sure you have a backup window set of 00:00 to 24:00 (or 00:10 to 23:50) for every day of the week so that which ever day it falls on it is able to run

The allow re-tries after runday will allow it to run at any time that there is an open window (any day) should the first attempt fail.

If you need different retentions for Quarterly and Annual backups you will need 2 schedules setup like this with each having their appropriate dates set.

Dont forget if you have normal daily / weekly schedules for the same policy to set the same exclude dates to prevent the other schedules running on those days

Hope this helps further with your schedule creation