cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup no data

pruvn
Level 5

Hello Experts,

I am using NBU 7.0 backup my system, today I have the job backup file server but when I checked it. There are only 4 KB backup. I check connection client\Master server ok. I backup again but the same result? In the folder backup about 130 GB data.

what is this error? How to fix it? have any suggestions or solutions do not?

Please help me!

Pruvn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

More info about your file server, please?

Can we assume that the files server is a Windows client?

Three things to check:

Is DFS Replication active for this folder? If so, this folder needs to be backed up with Shadow Copy Components. Else, DFS-R needs to be stopped before backup starts and started again after completion of backup. (lots of discussions here about this topic as well as how-to TechNotes available.)

The next thing to check is the NetBackup Client Service logon account - this account needs sufficient permission on folder.

Windows mount points - if the folder is a separate filesystem/partition mounted on a sub-folder, you need to select 'cross mount points' in policy attributes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

More info about your file server, please?

Can we assume that the files server is a Windows client?

Three things to check:

Is DFS Replication active for this folder? If so, this folder needs to be backed up with Shadow Copy Components. Else, DFS-R needs to be stopped before backup starts and started again after completion of backup. (lots of discussions here about this topic as well as how-to TechNotes available.)

The next thing to check is the NetBackup Client Service logon account - this account needs sufficient permission on folder.

Windows mount points - if the folder is a separate filesystem/partition mounted on a sub-folder, you need to select 'cross mount points' in policy attributes.

pruvn
Level 5

Hello Marianne van den Berg,

File server is windows 2008 Client.

The file server is using DFS, my friend active service replication.

Now I am stop it and backup OK.

Thanks