cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blat works but netbackup doesn't send emails

GEDEN
Level 3

I have installed blat and it works but not from netbackup . I have configured on Netbackup console in master universal and clients.

However bats does not respond well to the instalation

blat -install xx.xx.xx.xx  senderaccount@domain.com
Blat v3.0.7 (build : Jul 20 2012 01:24:52)
64-bit Windows, Full, Unicode

Write access to the registry was denied.
SMTP server set to xx.xx.xx.xx on port 25 with user senderaccount@domain.com
, retry 1 time(s)

Do you know how to solve this?

Regards,

Gil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6

How about nbmail.cmd configuration, is that done? can you verify it again if done already.

Refer this;

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH24110

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ssumi
Level 3
Are you running blat manually with uac admin mode maybe, and NBU isn't? That doesn't make much sense to me though as NBU is running as local system.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How is blat 'working' when it 'does not respond well to the instalation' ?

As per ssumi's post - if your Master is W2008, open cmd with right-click, Run As Administrator.

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6

I would say you dont have permission to modify registry? you logged in with admin account?

GEDEN
Level 3

Hi, I tried with    blat -install xx.xx.xx.xx  senderaccount@domain.com  -hkcu

And it registered ok. I can send emails from command but NBU still does not send any email.

In NBU it is configured in Hosts->Master->Global attributes->Administrator email addres is mine

Hosts->Master->Universal settings->Server sends email (checked) and client administrator's email is mine

I have four clients and each has enabled Universattings->server sends email (checked) and client administartor´s email is mine

Any recomendation?

Thanks

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6

How about nbmail.cmd configuration, is that done? can you verify it again if done already.

Refer this;

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH24110

Amaan
Level 6

if you have done blat configuration you should make some cahnges into nbmail script on NetBackup/bin directory.