cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make the required directory

bladley
Level 2
We have NetBackup 7 running on a Windows Server 2003 R2 server. Everytime our Catalog backup policy runs, we wind up with an Error Status Code 35; cannot make required directory. I checked the Disaster Recovery tab under the policy and verified that the Path exists. I added a known good user account with Domain Admin rights to the Logon field along with the correct password and still get the error that it can't create the directory on our network share (a NetApp filer CIFS share). The folder on the network drive does not have any explicit deny permissions. The Effective Permissions tab under the Advanced Security Settings for the folder in the path indicates that a test service account and the account Domain Admins rights have full control permissions to the folder in question. What would cause the Error Status Code 35 to constantly pop up?
1 REPLY 1

Nitish_R
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Ive had that issue during one of my deployments.
Netbackup will see the NetApp filer as an External storage.
As a workaround try doing your catalog backup on the local drives.
If this works it means that you have correctly configured your netbackup
run the catalog backup again but this time backup to ur NetApp share. if it fails then u mighr require a media license.
Symantec guys might not agree to this one .... but this is what solved the problem at a customer's place :)