cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Backup DR file

belse
Level 5

Hi All,

I scheduled full catalog backup that created a DR file in some location then i made some changes, created more policies in master server and then again scheduled full backup and it created a new DR file in the same location the path which i mentioned earlier. I didnot understand the logic of that. Does catalog backup create a new DR file everytime it take full or incremental backup?

Thanks,

Belse

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes. A new DR file is created every time a catalog backup runs.

This allows you to recover catalog to a 'point in time' should you not wish to recover latest catalog.

The DR file is a text file - you can open it with a text editor and see what is written in it.

Hope you have configured email notification to send DR file to you or backup team?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6

Yes. A new DR file is created every time a catalog backup runs.

This allows you to recover catalog to a 'point in time' should you not wish to recover latest catalog.

The DR file is a text file - you can open it with a text editor and see what is written in it.

Hope you have configured email notification to send DR file to you or backup team?

belse
Level 5

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for the valuable information. It means DR file gets created everytime whether its full, Differential and Cumulatiove right?

Thanks,

Belse 

Marianne
Level 6