cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog backup failed after adding one more HBA to the media Server

AnishNC
Level 2

Can someone advise, why catalog backup failing after adding one more HBA card to the media server,

If we disable the HBA, catalog backup will be successful

Server - Windows 2008 R2, Netabckup 7.5.0.6

Error status - Network connection timed out (41)

4 REPLIES 4

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Do you mean HBA (san) or NIC (network) card ? Have you got any san clients in the environment ? I have no idea how an extra HBA causes a network issue ... but, I would start trouble shooting by calling the OS vendor - netbackup does't control the SAN or the network, so I can't think of anything from the netbackup side at the moment. You need to post up more details, such as the details from activity monitor for the job. Does the master act as a media server for the catalog backup, or is it run to the separate media server

AnishNC
Level 2

Hai Martin,

I am also on the same track, how a HBA can cause network trouble, (HBA for SAN connection)

But this is tested and cleared, whenever disabling HBA from device manager leads to the sucessful catalog backup,

This is happening on the master server, same as a media server as well,

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Make sure the latest drivers are applied for the HBA.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited
So you hit the client read timeout ... All I can think is that somehow the HBA is interfering with the NIC - revaroos advice is good, see if that makes a difference, failing that I would advise contacting microsoft, or HBA vendor (probably HBA vendor is best to start with - after add in HBA and things break, not really the fault of MS (unless there is some compatibility issue). The HBA you added, is this the same make / model as the existing HBA on the server ? If it is, is t the same firmware version.