cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog recovery from Appliance 5240 to Solaris failed error 227

allanwoo
Level 2

I am trying to restore a catalog backup from my netbackup 5240 appliance to a DR server which runs on Solaris 11.

Hostname and netbackup version (8.1) on both sides are identical .

Catalog recovery ended with error:

2:17:15 (5.001) INF - TAR EXITING WITH STATUS = 0
12:17:15 (5.001) INF - TAR RESTORED 7687 OF 7687 FILES SUCCESSFULLY
12:17:15 (5.001) INF - TAR KEPT 0 EXISTING FILES
12:17:15 (5.001) INF - TAR PARTIALLY RESTORED 0 FILES
12:17:16 (5.001) Status of restore from copy 1 of image created December 6, 2018 12:03:00 AM +04 = the requested operation was successfully completed

12:17:18 (5.xxx) INF - Status = the requested operation was successfully completed.

12:17:20 ERR - Failed to find last backup image record for client netbackup, client_type 7, with policy catalog and sched_type 0 (227)
12:17:25 INF - attempting to freeze media used in recovery
12:21:36 WRN - media S001L7 is frozen to prevent overwrite of catalog backup
12:21:36 WRN - media S001L7 is frozen to prevent overwrite of catalog backup

5 REPLIES 5

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I doubt this can be done. Directory structures differ between NBU appliance and a traditional Master server.

Regards

Michal

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Does it mean that I would never be able to restore the appliance catalog on another plaform except on appliance?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It is important to provide the same directory structure on the target master server.

A good Unix Sysadmin will be able to create symbolic links before the restore is started. 

Extract from Troubleshooting Guide:
For NetBackup master and media servers, the directory locations of the NetBackup
catalog become an integral part of NetBackup catalog backups. Any recovery of
the NetBackup catalog requires identical directory paths or locations be created
during the NetBackup software reinstallation. Disk partitioning, symbolic links, and
NetBackup catalog relocation utilities may be needed.

Remember to run this command when done:
nbemmcmd -updatehost -machinename <master server name> -machinetype master -operatingsystem <new O/S>.  

andrew_mcc1
Level 6
   VIP   

I've not tried this and don't have Appliance access to test it but I think this should be possible. On Master Server Appliances the catalog is under "/cat" but as far as I know the directory stucture below that is the same as a "build your own" master.

I recall there is a bp.conf Appliance line which should probably be removed.

Best regards, Andrew

I have notice that in the Netbackup appliance the database reside on /cat/nbdb and /cat/db .

I have created  soft links in /usr/openv and /usr/openv/netbackup accordingly.

I was able to restore successfully but there are some errors:

1. The Web management console is not starting.

2.The NB application is very slow.

3. Getting errors like NBARSMgmt_i::queryApplicationMetadat: Error 2 while navigating in the application.