Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Name mismatch(39) with EV agent

Peter_Jakobs
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi,

I'm trying to setup the backup for Enterprise Vault 8.0.3 with the Netbackup 7.0.
Enterprise Vault is installed on a Windows 2008, his sql databases are running on a cluster sql server 2005 on windows 2003 server.

If I launch a backup that is going to backup a sql database, that job fails with a Client Name mismatch(39)

The master job starts on the Enterprise Vault server, and has as client name in the activity monitor his own name. The child job that should backup the database comes up with the name of the sql cluster and fails directly with status 39.

A backup of the EV_INDEX_LOCATION=........ is running fine.

Backup of the cluster sql server using the sql agent are also running fine.

Any idea's?

Peter Jakobs 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andreas_Holmstr
Level 4
Partner

Hi Peter

I think we found the solution to this problem, but I am afraid the solution is a sort of bug in NetBackup…
We solved the problem by changing the name of the active cluster node(adm-dbhotel01) to the cluster resource name adm-dbhotel. So if the cluster fails the resources to another cluster node the backup job will suffer from the same issue again unless you change the name of all node's in the cluster to the cluster resource name but if you do that NetBackup won't know which node is who... 
We will report this problem to Symantec.

Kind regards
Andreas

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Andreas_Holmstr
Level 4
Partner

Hi

Did you find a solution for this problem?

Kind Regards
Andreas

Andreas_Holmstr
Level 4
Partner

Hi Peter

I think we found the solution to this problem, but I am afraid the solution is a sort of bug in NetBackup…
We solved the problem by changing the name of the active cluster node(adm-dbhotel01) to the cluster resource name adm-dbhotel. So if the cluster fails the resources to another cluster node the backup job will suffer from the same issue again unless you change the name of all node's in the cluster to the cluster resource name but if you do that NetBackup won't know which node is who... 
We will report this problem to Symantec.

Kind regards
Andreas

Peter_Jakobs
Level 5
I opened a case, I also find out that changing the client name of each cluster member to the virtual name solved the problem, but it's not a very nice solution,
I will update with the respons from Symantec

Peter_Jakobs
Level 5
The case I opened resulted in this technote:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/350782.htm

Peter