Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not reporting to master media server

Yobo
Level 5
Partner

Hi,

I have setup a Master Media named Mastersvr

I setup a client machine name NBClient. The installation is sucess.

After rebooting the client,  I could not see any client being display. When I perform a Find,

I encountred    "  NBClient server not allow access"

Both Mastersvr and Nbclient are in workgroup.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
where and how you are running this find?

Yobo
Level 5
Partner

Both Master Server and Netbackup Media are in a workgroup and I'm not sure how the authentication work.

Unable to connect to the selected netbackup host "mserver"

1. make sure the user "administaator" has privileges on the host.

2. Make sure the local host is listed in the server list of the destination host "mserver'

3. Make sure there is a network connection ....etc

From the master server, how do I give privlledges to that media sever and other netbackup client?

Thanks

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Are u using Java or Windows Admin console? r u running this consoles from your own workstation or from the master/media servers?

NBU_TSE
Level 4
Employee

Hi Chris,

The 'server not allow access' error for the client is normally a problem with name resolution. It should not matter if these are in a workgroup as long as network communication is ok.

I suggest you make sure both forward and reverse lookup is working and that communication between Master and Client and vice versa is ok.

You could use the <install_path>\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\bpclntcmd command to check how NetBackup resolves the hostnames and ip addresses.
e.g bpclntcmd -pn (run from the client should return what the master thinks the clients hostname/ip is
bpclntcmd -hn <client hostname> run from the master should return the correct client hostname/ip

bpclntcmd -ip <client ip address> run from the master should return the correct client ip/hostname

...and so on

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Gary Yeardley (NetBackup Database Support Enginner)