cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line util that sets exclude dates for all policies

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
Hey all!
So I'm curious if there is a command line script that can be ran that will tell Netbackup to set a 'global' exclude date for all policies. I looked in the command reference and wasn't sure which one to use. From what I've read, it appears that
bppschedrep -excl command would do that. I don't know for sure though. Also, what would be the verbiage to type that would exclude the chosen/input date from ALL schedules?
10 REPLIES 10

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
I don't believe there is a method to perform this task... I've looked through the command reference and do not see anything that would perform something close to what I'm looking for.

Stumpr2
Level 6
not a global answer....but could you do a for loop that includes all of the schedules?

DavidParker
Level 6
Alex,
You might be able to do this on a file level.

Take a look at the files in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class//schedule/

You may be able to cat an exclude date into those.

Might take a little experimentation though ...

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
list of active policies
cd /usr/openv/netbackup/db/classes
find . -name info -exec grep -l "ACTIVE 0" {} \; | sed "s/\.\///g" \
| sed "s/\/info//g"

find . -name info -exec grep -l "ACTIVE 0" {} \; | cut -f2 -d"/"

or

bppllist -L -l -U -verbose -allpolicies

Stumpr2
Level 6
Dennis,
Good point. Why create an exclude date when you could use cron to simply de-activate the policies at the appropriate time and then also use cron to reactivate. I like your suggestion.
Bob

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
A trick you posted here a while back.

Stumpr2
Level 6
LOL

Dennis,
I'm over 50....OK?

I have problems remembering last night.
Come to think about it. I had many days when I was in my 20's that I couldn't remember things from the previous night. ouch!

zippy
Level 6
is this you Bob?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Stump

hhehehhe

JD

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
I rember because I think it was my question. Can't really remember though. I used it I remeber that much. Hittin mid 40's.

Alex_Vasquez
Level 6
That's pretty creepy... Bob's been posting beyond the grave... That actually answers a lot of questions I've had about him. =)