cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct procedure for nbpushdata when upgrading from NBU 5.1 to 6.5 ?

Scott_Murray
Level 3
Hi all, I'd appreciate some advice to ensure we're going about a NBU5.1 to NBU6.5 upgrade process the right way. We have a Windows 2003 environment of a Master Server with NBU5.1MP6, with a significant number of NBU 5.1MP5 Media Servers located at various sites. We have prepared Catalogs/DBs on all Servers, and all is ready for the upgrade. What I'd like to check is the whether this set of steps is correct: 1. Upgrade Master from NBU5.1 MP6 to 6.5 2. Run nbpushdata -add on the Master Server 3. Run nbpushdata -modify_5x_hosts on the Master Server (for each connected Media Server) Then at a later stage (withing a few weeks) we will upgrade the Media Servers. So the steps for the Media Servers should be: 4. Upgrade Media Server1 from NBU5.1 MP5 to 6.5 5. Run nbpushdata on this Media Server 6. Upgrade Media Server2 from NBU5.1 MP5 to 6.5 7. Run nbpushdata on this Media Server etc etc etc for each Media Server. I guess the main question is what is the best procedure for upgrading the Media Servers when this is performed at a later stage from the Master Server. ? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
0 REPLIES 0