cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DD880 drives presenting in AVR mode

msx
Level 2

Hello All,

I have an issue with our DD880, we are using it as a VTL, it was flashed recently too the latest DDOS and since then the virtual drives have been presenting in AVR and have not been accessable for backups or duplications. The operating system on master and media servers is win2k8 with netbackup 7.1.0.1. I did manage to get the unit out of AVR by rebooting it and re-inventorying the media however after around a month of operation it was freezing media (around 50 a day) and then the drives went back into AVR. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar situation and how this issue can be resolved?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

muhanad_daher
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

try to do this:

on master

volmgr/bin/tpconfig -l //must view an AVR

volmgr/bin/tpconfig -delete drive_index // use for delete an tape drive as AVR.

volmgr/bin/scan -all

go to GUI and go to configure storage device and discover all server to defined all tape drives.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Something wrong between robot control host and VTL robot.

AVR either means drives are configured as Standalone or Robot Control Host has lost comms with the robot.

Output of 'scan' will tell us if OS can see the robot.

You may need to re-config....

**** EDIT ****

The large number of frozen media sounds like disk/hardware errors.

Best to log a call with hardware vendor.

msx
Level 2

Hi Marianne,

I found two drives were configured incorrectly. They had the serial numbers configured to the other drive so I reconfigured them. This seems to have resolved the frozen media issue. After some configuration of the host files on the media servers we are having the drives now out of AVR mode and are running quite well. I will keep you posted however as this issue seems to be intermittent.

Cheers!