cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A pseudo / ghost "DB backup" is failing everyday in the environment with error code 47

Tanmoy1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

We have a LINUX 5.1 server in our environemnt which acts as a media server. The problem is everyday at say 8:00 hrs GMT in the morning this backups gets initiated and fails within moments notice with error code 47. the "TYPE" is DB backup. No policy. We got the whole server checked but there were no traces of any DB backup was found on this server. The file system backupsis running just fine.

Any ideas please where we shud be looking for this "GHOST IN THE MACHINE".

Thanks,

Anish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I think this ghost job is the old and now deprecated Netbackup catalog backup. Do a "crontab -l" and see if 

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpbackupdb

is called either in a single command line or enclosed in a script. The time matches fine the point where you would initiated the catalog backup. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need bprd log on the master server to view source for backup request. IP address of connection request will be logged in bprd log.
If log folder does not exist, you need to create it and restart NBU.

There is probably a cron on a client somewhere initiating a backup request.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I think this ghost job is the old and now deprecated Netbackup catalog backup. Do a "crontab -l" and see if 

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpbackupdb

is called either in a single command line or enclosed in a script. The time matches fine the point where you would initiated the catalog backup. 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think Nicolai is correct. Forgot about NBU 5.1 and Cold Catalog backups....

Check under Catalog section of GUI - right-click, select Configure offline NetBackup Catalog Backup.

Check settings. Possibly missing media server referenced in STU or file list?

PS: You are aware of the fact that NBU 5.1 ran out of support 3 years ago? http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH74757