cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decommissioning of an old Tape library

Kai2209
Level 4

Dear all,

we have setup a new tape library TLD(1) some weeks ago. The library is working as expected and now it is time to decommission the old one.

Not sure if i have to simply delete storage units, drives, the robot itself and continue working on the new TLD(1) or is it better to run the wizard again (after zoning etc.) and make the new library acting as TLD(0).

Any help is appreciated

regards Kai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

IMHO, it is a personal choice.

Seeing that TLD(1) is already working with newly added device names and STU-config linked to TLD(1), I would personally only delete TLD(0) and its drive(s) and STU.
Everything will run fine using TLD(1). 

There maybe other users here who would've deleted everything and 'start clean' with new robot as TLD(0), but then you would have to go through the trouble of updating all policies and/or SLPs again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

koribilli12
Level 4

Hey,

You have to first copy all the medias which are been assigned to the old library and keep it handy with their expiration date.

You have to ensure that the new robot has been detected in OS after doing the zoning in switch if it is FC connected.

Rest of the steps can be followed under the below url:

How to retire a Robotic tape library and move the media to a new / different Robotic tape library

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000007163

Hi koribilli12,

thanks for your answer but this does not really answer my question. My new robot is already working!

I have read this document https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000007163 already but it does not answer my question..

Do i really have to do delete TLD(0) and TLD(1) and run the "Configure Storage Devices" Wizard again? or can i simply delete the old robot. Then there is just a TLD(1). Or am i running later into any issues..missing thoughts

thanks again

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

IMHO, it is a personal choice.

Seeing that TLD(1) is already working with newly added device names and STU-config linked to TLD(1), I would personally only delete TLD(0) and its drive(s) and STU.
Everything will run fine using TLD(1). 

There maybe other users here who would've deleted everything and 'start clean' with new robot as TLD(0), but then you would have to go through the trouble of updating all policies and/or SLPs again.

thanks!